my creative space …

A little bit of excitment this week with the weekend celebration of No.1’s birthday. A small party on Saturday afternoon followed by a family dinner, and then breakfast the following morning for his actual birthday.

So party preparations are in progress. There is no theme as such, just afternoon tea and colourful decorations. So some balloons and streamers take care of the decorations (and the bunting from this birthday) and for party bags I plan to decorate and seal the white paper bags with some colourful notepads, the paint set, pencils and a large chocolate freckle that I will pick up at the markets. Organise a couple of party activities and some food and we are all set.

Lucky for me, I accidentally picked up this little gadget when what we really needed was a carton of milk. I must have had it on my mind from here. I tested it out quickly for some seals for the party bags. They still need some work but it is fun to think of the possibilities.

What I should do is make a sticker out of my to-do list and stick it to my forehead. Then I might actually get something done!

For your creativity fix, head over to Kirsty’s.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

1. says

Looks like a fun weekend ahead for the whole family! I’ve had my eye on one of those sticker thingy’s since I saw it last week in Liesl’s space … resisting the urge at the moment, but it probably won’t last! Have a great day!

2. says

Ooh that first pic is devine – damn you! (You’ll see what I mean if you visit my creative sp…. mess)

I think I need the sticker do-dad. Do I need it?! I think I do…. ;)

3. says

You won’t regret the sticker maker – so much fun! I had to write 45 kindergarten invoices yesterday and guess what? I decided each of them needed a little sticker with the payment date on them. Yep, very sad … but regretably quite true. I think I will be running out to buy a new catridge any tick of the clock!

Have a really wonderful birthday weekend. I love the sounds of the party bags. The little paint sets are very cute.

4. says

massive jinx today!
    your party preparations are so beautiful ~ mine are all theory at this stage {bar the choc gelati lady bug cake, which is on order~ i hope!!}.
    love your colourful space.
    have a fun time with the birthdays :)

5. says

Have a great party Kellie. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Love the sticker machine. Must be fun to play with.

PS: Love the first photo. Such great colours

6. says

Yeah but no. On your forehead just wont work as you wouldn’t be able to read it. Instead, just keep making cool, fun things for the party, playing with your new sticker maker and having a laugh at the thought of you walking around with a sticker on your forehead!

7. says

Thanks so much for visiting my little place the other day – if only so I could return the favour and find your beautiful blog. I love your photography – and I’m looking forward to seeing more of it :)

8. says

Sounds like fun! Simple is best on the party front, that’s what I try to remind myself as my imagination starts taking off. Happy Birthday to the big guy!