This. Is me.
And that’s my swimming pool hanging over the rail.
I’m joining in with Voices of 2014 Flashback Friday and the theme of “first day”. And from memory this was my first day of preschool. It must have been because there are like half a dozen photos and that was in the days of film! So it must have been something important.
It might have been the first time I wore a skirt, I was a bit of a tomboy, my favourite shirt had cars all over it. There is a photo of me on those very steps in that shirt.
I’ve been slack at my own photo snapping this week [so long, photo a day ... again] and I had these scanned from the big birthday party so thought it might be fun to share something different today.
Funnily enough, I’ve been reminiscing this week over my first date with the Mr. So it’s been the week for reliving firsts.
I also have the first day of high school photo – but this little butter-wouldn’t-melt-in-my-mouth photo was much cuter than the gangly teen of that era.
But it’s Friday! Already! I hope your week has been pleasant and lovely. Mine has been uneventful, which is a great way to be in my line of work!
Although I am hoping for some sunshine in the coming days of rest! How about you?
And now, some reading for your weekend.
- I didn’t even know Archie was still going. Before you click, beware, spoiler alert.
- A massive wooden yo-yo doing tricks. Just because.
- All about blood types. I’m A-. You?
- Another reason to love Lego [although Sugru might have figured it out first]
- How to make perfect, crispy bacon. I’ll give it a go, for research purposes.
- Cook sticky chicken wings / this chocolate, pear, pistachio cake / raspberry chia oats
- Perfect for this rainy weather ~ photographing reflections in puddles
- Popping up everywhere this week. Artist recreates his childhood drawings
- The first Instagram photos ~ it was only four years ago!
What “first” would you share?