I apologise for going AWOL last week. Sadly, we had a family funeral to attend and the week just got away from me. And truthfully, I just wanted to curl up with my own thoughts and avoid jumping back into the world. Classic introvert behaviour!
But this post, which has been brewing for a while, becomes even more pertinent.
I first came across the survival kit idea at a team-building exercise for work. A Google search shows they are quite common and can be tailored for teachers, students, friends and colleagues.
But of course the blogger in me also thought, what a lovely thing to share.
- A feather ~ to remind you that you can fly … and sometimes you just need to wing it!
- A penny ~ for your thoughts.
- A marble ~ to replace the ones you lose.
- A rubber band ~ to remind you to be flexible.
- A paper clip ~ to remind you that you are an important link in others lives.
- A lollipop ~ to remind you that you can lick all your problems.
- An eraser ~ to remind you that everyone makes mistakes.
- A Band-Aid ~ to fix hurt feelings.
- A roll of tape ~ to help you stick with it when things are rough.
- A crayon ~ to help colour your day.
- A match ~ to light up your day.