[image from the archives but an apt sentiment for the long weekend!]
It’s a looong weekend here this weekend which means three days instead of two, and for our family a weekend without plans! What bliss!
High on the agenda is a little “reset” of mind, body and home. The home is overdue for a tidy and declutter, which in turn will nourish the mind and the body, along with good food, checking in with friends and some long walks.
And best of all, after a fortnight of gloomy skies, the sun is shining in a crisp blue sky. What more could you want?
How about an eclectic list of ideas and inspiration! Let’s get this weekend started!
- My weekend includes some thank yous after the big shindig last weekend. So this is timely ~ The found art of thank you notes
- And remember ~”work won’t remember the weekend you didn’t give it but friends will!“
- Football fans in the house? Like me? Get ready for the World Cup with Nicole’s activities and ideas and this handy chart
- Cooking inspiration! Goat’s cheese cigars / This salad with buttermilk and black pepper dressing / This zucchini side and these crispy potatoes / Maxabella’s smiley ginger biscuits
- Get some photography tips from Shutterfly’s new guide
- Head to the Great Barrier Reef with Google Street View
- Or take a US road trip ~ 1948 style!
- And when you need a break, watch these otters play a keyboard!