Now unless you are only just dropping in here today, you would know I’ve had some holidays [from the full-time paying job only].
But it was only a staycation with the start of the school year so I’ve made sure to inject a little bit of that holiday feeling while also making sure I didn’t waste those precious days.
Now to be honest, I head back to work today with a jumble of thoughts in my head and a feeling of unpreparedness.
It’s more about the things I didn’t quite get to, not all were on the list, and not enough focus on the things I did do.
You might remember I had a list. And it’s check in time!
- Organise a morning yoga routine ~ I started putting this together but neither started a daily yoga practice or locked one in. I did, however, pick up a treadmill for some more exercise!
- Do the taxes [big frog] ~ I didn’t finish but got all the tough stuff out of the way. I should be able to easily complete this one evening or on the weekend.
- Sort out a blog editorial calendar ~ I did manage to sort out a couple of weeks and draft out some posts in advance.
- Maybe restart pay more attention to the newsletter/shop/associated blogs and new ideas [we’ll see] ~ newsletter, tick [going out today]. The rest, not so much.
- Clean the study [may not get anything else done if I start this …] ~ can we talk about something else … [that would be a no, didn’t even manage to clear my desk]
- Relax, read, rest ~ tick, tick, tick. I did, this, probably a little too well!
- Find my pen [lost my favourite pen – it has to be around here somewhere!] ~ no luck on the pen front unfortunately.
- Get better at regular baking ~ I did do a good cook-up on Sunday afternoon with muffins, nut and seed bread and a soup that will see use through the first few days.
Drop off dry cleaning[this is what we call a doable task] ~ have yet to pick up dry cleaning *face palm* Go to optometrist[appointment tomorrow] ~ did, done and got new glasses.
So all in all, I give myself a pass. I think if in the holiday wash-up I clear my desk a bit and finish off those taxes I might feel a little better and raise it to a credit.
But it wasn’t all a bust so I’ve put together a short, simple list of a few things you need to get that holiday feeling, anywhere, anytime.
- A plan ~ so a lovely fresh notebook [like this one from kikki k ~ appropriately from the why not? range] to write all those lists and ideas in.
- Banana lounge and umbrella from Bunnings. [Bonus, it can be used at anytime.]
- Sunscreen and a hat if you’re relaxing in the rays.
- A pile of reading pleasure ~ perhaps fill your trolley at Bookworld.
- Time for a little pamper ~ head to your local salon for some me time. Me, I’m a Dermalogica fan.
- Portable speaker so you can have your favourite tunes everywhere you go.