I had full intentions of posting this on the weekend.
And then, well life, got in the way. In a good way.
I was too busy baking, eating, walking and relaxing with the Mr and the boys to spend much time at the computer.
And that’s OK.
My original intention was with the quieter pace of the weekends ~ and the promise of all time to spend however one chooses ~ it seemed like a good moment to take a snapshot, to reflect on highlights of the week and leave the lowlights right back there in the past.
So a few things:
- My two boys have turned into true bookworms this past couple of weeks ~ snatching minutes to read. One has also just finished the first Harry Potter book and is hooked. I couldn’t be prouder!
- The Mr and I had the most lovely lunch on my day off ~ tapas and a bottle of wine [pictured] ~ after which we wandered around the shops before walking home. It was just lovely.
- I spent Saturday afternoon baking cookies ~ choc-chip and Anzac biscuits ~ while at home alone and couldn’t wait for the horde to come home and discover afternoon tea waiting for them.
- As part of my work, I get to indulge my inner Spielberg with some video action. I love playing with video and I felt so motivated and content afterwards it was quite amazing.
- I also backed this Lomography Kickstarter ~ because, you know, I don’t have enough cameras. And spent a few quiet moments on the sunshine on Friday reading Alphabet Journal [pictured], which is packed with beautiful photos and words.
What things have made you stop and smile this past week?