The Mr and I spent the weekend in the nation’s capital, the trip prompted by a friend’s birthday celebration. The whole weekend was just fabulous. We were treated to gorgeous weather and had the opportunity to do things at our own pace, no rushing, no set plans. Delightful.
And we saw John Butler at a food market on the Saturday afternoon. Turned out he was playing in Canberra that night. Love a little famous people spotting on a weekend away!
So as the new week dawns, a few things I’m loving this week.
- Water lilies! I snapped these at the Nerang Pool next to Lake Burley Griffin during a stroll after we arrived in the capital. The one thing I wanted to while in Canberra was a visit to the National Gallery to pop in and say Monet’s painting of the same, which I did. And I almost cried as I stood there. I bought home a print of it, too, so I can admire it more often.
- Road trips. We had such a lovely weekend we vowed to do it more often. The changes this year to work and hours mean that is more possible than ever and we need to take advantage of that. And spending quality time with your significant other is the best life boost you can get.
- This week is a short working week with Easter break coming up and it’s also the first year in my working life that I’ve gotten public holidays. So to say I’m a wee bit excited about this would be an understatement. Not to mention the even shorter week the week after with Anzac Day. I said to the Mr yesterday that it was a great year to start in a job with public holidays!
- Three things ~ Yardage Design’s new napkins / The Biscuit Project / A Lego résumé
- And in exciting news, 74 Lime Lane made the top 100 for Kidspot’s Voices of 2014 in the beauty and lifestyle category. Thrilled to be nominated again but to make the top 100 again blows my mind. So thank you, thank you to the person who nominated me and the Kidspot judges and organisers for another top 100 spot.
Have a great week!