My original intention was to post this yesterday but I was too busy roaming the countryside ~ which is where I snapped the image above ~ with the Mr as we capped 24 hours sans children.
In effect, we are having two weekends, or that’s the way it seems, after a night away and coming back in time for the weekend proper before heading back into the working week. Le sigh … holidays can’t last forever. Well, not until we win the lottery at least.
But first, a little reading for the weekend with a bumper round-up ~ if I do say so myself ~ of fun and inspiration.
What are you getting up to this weekend?
- To make you smile ~ a photo series featuring Woody from Toy Story
- Geography with a side of geek ~ that’s the Google Maps inspired game Smarty Pins
- You call that hula hooping. This is hula hooping
- Taking a bath this weekend ~ try this detoxifying rescue soak
- Look to the skies ~ five planetary events this month including Saturn, Mars and Venus.
- From the file of too much time on their hands but a very cool ideas for word lovers, a bot pulls in Pangram tweets
- This is a bit cute ~ Google Street View cameras taking museum selfies. It’s WALL-E-esque.
- Blending the present and the past with a twist with this photo series
- Inspired cooking with tomato and goat’s cheese quiche | roasted garlic kale hummus | chicken spring rolls. I’m also on the lookout for a kick-ass quinoa salad for lunches this week!
And a happy independence day to all our American friends. Enjoy your long weekend!